Travel , Lodging and Boarding Instructions:
- After reaching Guwahati Airport / Railway station take a shared taxi or Sumo to Shillong.
- Normally the shared taxis (Rs. 500/- / Rs. 300/- per head) or Sumos (Rs. 150/- per head) drop you at the Shillong City, but sometimes they agree to drop you at NEHU on some extra charge.
- If they drop you at the Shillong city, you have to hire a local taxi to come to NEHU, which may charge you Rs. 200/- or so.
- If they agree to drop you at NEHU with extra charge, may be around Rs. 200/-, well and good.
- On reaching NEHU Gate no. 2 you instruct the Taxi / Sumo to drop you at Old NEHU Guest House, the security personnel at the gate can give directions to go to the Old Guest House.
- Carry an umbrella and/or a raincoat because you will be at the peak of the rainy season.
- Bring a pullover because temperature varies quite a bit.
- Although the guest house provide mosquito repellant (dependent on electricity), it is always good to carry your own mosquito repellant (independent of electricity), in case power goes off in the night. But don’t get overmuch alarmed because there are not too many mosquitoes in Shillong.
- Venue of the lectures will be Science Lecture complex, NEHU, Shillong, 2nd floor, which is at a ten minutes walking distance from the Old NEHU Guest house.
- Food arrangement: breakfast and dinner will be served at the guest house, lunch, and tea during the AFS, namely from June 12 to July 08, 2017, shall be at the conference venue itself. But for the days beyond this (before or after) food shall be served by the guest house on prior notice.
Important telephone numbers:
Old NEHU guest House : 0364-272-2057/2058
H.K. Mukerjee (myself) : 09435118439
Angom Tiken Singh . : 09863920684
Sainkupar Mn Mawiong: 09863022257
P. Chinglensana : 09402951147
Michael George (Liaison Officer at the Guwahati Airport): 09435547335