Detailed instructions to get to IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
IISER TVM is located inside the College of Engineering Campus (also known as CET) in Sreekaryam, Thiruvananthapuram. It is not in the Vithura campus, but at the transit campus, and the detailed instructions are for the transit campus.
1. From Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station :
- Take a prepaid auto by taking a Rs 2/- token.
- At the prepaid counter, ask for CET, Sreekaryam.
- The fare will be approximately Rs. 180/-.
- The distance from the Railway Station to IISER is approximately 13 Kms.
- There is a 4-way Jn. at Sreekaryam.
- Go past this Jn.
- The road will fork at Chavadimukku Jn., which is less than 1 Km from Sreekaryam Jn. At this point, there will be a board directing you to College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram.
- From Chavadimukku Jn., CET is approximately 1/2 Kms.
- Anybody will tell you the direction to CET from Sreekaryam Jn.
2. From Kochuveli Railway Station :
- This is a small station and some trains stop terminate there instead of Thiruvananthapuram Central.
- CET is much closer from Kochuveli Jn. There is a short cut and most auto drivers will know but Thiruvananthapuram Central would definitely be a better option.
3. From Thiruvananthapuram Airport :
- There are two terminals. Terminal 2 is the international terminal, located at a place called Chackai. You will arrive at this terminal if you travel by Air India, Air India Express or sometimes Jet Airways.
- Directions are the same as coming from Thiruvananthapuram Central.
- Tell the taxi driver to go via Sreekaryam.
- Some taxi drivers tend to take you through the opposite direction called Manvila Jn,
- Terminal 1 is the domestic terminal, located at Shangumugam and is a bit far away. You will arrive here if you are travelling by Indigo, Spicejet,Jet connect etc.
- Directions are the same as above, as you will have to cross the international terminal.
4. From the Bus Stand :
- All out-of-state buses will stop at Thiruvananthapuram Central Station, particularly those coming from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
5. From East Fort Bus Terminus :
- This is the main bus terminus.
- Ask for platform 5 (will confirm, am not sure right now).
- Ask for a bus to Chavadimukku or Engineering College, Sreekaryam.
- The bus numbers are 581, 666, 667 (some of these are A/C buses).
- Bus numbers 666 and 667 will not go to CET. You have to get down at Chavadimukku Jn.