TEW - Linear Algebra, Coding Theory and Cryptography
Speakers and Syllabus
Speakers and Tutors
- Prof. Dinesh Khurana, Professor, Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Prof. R. B. Bapat, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Delhi.
- Prof. Dhananjoy Dey, Scientist E, DRDO, Delhi.
- Dr. Anuradha Sharma, Associate Professor, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi.
- Prof. Dinesh Khurana: Vector spaces, Modules, Finitely generated modules over PIDs and their applications.
- Prof. R. B. Bapat: Nonegative Matrices, Graph associated with a matrix, Brouwer's Fixed Point Theorem, Perron's theorem for positive matrices, strongly connected graphs,irreducibility, Perron-Frobenius theorem for irreducible matrices, primitive, cyclic,reducible matrices (statements and examples), Inequalities for Perron root.
- Prof. Dhananjoy Dey: Finite Fields (including the construction of finite fields),Polynomials over Finite Fields, Applications of Algebra in Cryptography.
- Dr. Anuradha Sharma: Bounds in coding theory: The main coding theory problem, Sphere-covering bound, Gilbert-Varshamov bound, Plotkin bound, Hamming bound and perfect codes, Hamming codes, Golay codes, Singleton bound and MDS codes, Griesmer bound, Construction of linear codes: Propagation rules, Reed-Muller codes, subfield codes, BCH codes: Parameters of BCH codes, Decoding of BCH codes, Reed-Solomon
codes, Quadratic residue codes.
|Date and Day||9.30
|1:00 - 2:00||2.00
|4:30 - 5:00|
RB - Prof. R.B. Bapat
DK - Prof. Dinesh Khurana
DD – Prof. Dhananjoy Dey
AS – Dr. Anuradha Sharma